Spicy Chickpea Stew
Member recipe by Melichios
This is an excelent warming winter meal. Its also great for when you're feeling under the weather. The chorizo may seem a bit costly but you can get a good five or six meal out of one sausage.
- 1 400g tin of tomatoes
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas
- 2/3 garlic cloves (depending of the size of the cloves), roughly chopped
- 1 dsp onion chutney
- 2/3 drops Tobasco
- 1/2 tsp pimenton
- 1/2 dried bay leaves
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/5 whole chorizo (you can use less if you want)
- Fry the chorizo, onion, garlic and pepper in a small saucepan until the onion and pepper soften. You don't need any extra oil as the chorizo gives of a lot of oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients (tomatoes, chickpeas, pimenton, bay and chutney). Cover and simmer for ten minutes or until the chickpeas soften.
- Serve hot on a piece of toast. Serves 4 as lunch or 2 as supper.