Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Chana Chaat is an Indian Chickpea salad packed with flavour and tastes amazing! This Is perfect for a Side Dish for when your having a Curry Night!
- 2 Cups Chickepeas, Drained and Rinsed
- 2 Large Boiled Potatoes, Peeled and Chopped
- 1-3 Green Chillies, Finely Chopped
- 2 Medium Onions, Finely Chopped
- 5-6 Tablepoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Medium Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper, to Taste
- Chaat Masala, To taste (Start with about 1-2 Teaspoons and Add more if you want it spicier)
- 3/4 Cup Cucumber, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Lettuce, Chopped
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, Peeled and Chopped
- 2 Eggs, Hard Boiled (Optional
- 1/2 Tub Natural Yoghurt ( Optional,If you want your Chaat to be Dry Don't add)
- Handful Chopped Coriander, To Garnish.
- STEP 1Drain and Rinse Your Chickpeas before putting them into a Fairly Large Bowl.
- STEP 2Chop the Onions, Tomatoes, Cucumber, and Lettuce. Set Aside
- STEP 3Boil the Sweet Potato, Eggs (If Using) and the Potatoes until Soft and Chop them into Cubes.
- STEP 4Add the Chopped Onions, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Lettuce and the Potatoes to the Chickpeas and the 1tsp Of Sugar, Salt and pepper. Mix Well.
- STEP 5Add the Yoghurt (If Using) and Mix Thoroughly so that the chaat is coated in the yoghurt.
- STEP 6Now Add the Chaat masala and the Lemon Juice according to your taste and Mix well.
- STEP 7Lastly, Chop the Coriander and Sprinkle over the top.
- STEP 8Chill Well, Before Eating. (Can be Stored in the Fridge for up to 2 Days)
- STEP 9Enjoy!:)