- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Cookies
Delicious soft cookies with white chocolate and lemon zest
- 100g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 80g icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250g white chocolate cut in small pieces
- 1 lemon (just the zest)
- STEP 1Prehead the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ gas 4
- STEP 2Make sure the butter is softened. Cut in cubes and put it in a large bowl along with the sugar.
- STEP 3Put an electric whisk on the lowest setting and break the butter up into the sugar. Increase the whisk's speed and mix for about 1 minute until you have a light and creamy mixture.
- STEP 4Add the eggs, one at a time. Make sure they are mixed well.
- STEP 5Add the baking powder and flour and mix gently with your hands until everything is mixed well.
- STEP 6Add the zest of the lemon and the pieces of white chocolate.
- STEP 7Put a grease proof paper in a baking tray. Make small balls out of the dough and press them gently on the tray until they are about 0.5cm tall.
- STEP 8Leave some space between them on the tray so they don't stick together.
- STEP 9Bake for 12 minutes then remove from the oven and let them cool down.
- STEP 10Enjoy!