Flour-free Chocolate Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Although quite dense in texture, it tastes incredibly light.
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 1 tbl strong coffee
- 3 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 35g cocoa powder
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 160c. Line 20cm cake tin with grease proof paper. 3 bowls.
- STEP 2Melt chocolate in microwave using 20 second bursts. When almost melted, add butter for last burst. Add coffee to melted chocolate. Put in fridge to cool.
- STEP 3Separate eggs between two large bowls.
- STEP 4Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form.
- STEP 5Mix together egg yolks and sugar. Add pinch of salt. Add cocoa powder. Add melted chocolate.
- STEP 6Gradually fold in egg whites to mixture.
- STEP 7Pour picture into lined cake tin. Bake for approx 1 hour.
- STEP 8Serve with a dusting of cocoa powder and clotted cream.