Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- 4+ hours - dough to stand (optional)
- Makes approx. 20 cookies (based on ice cream scoop sized balls of dough)
Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside and full of chocolate chips...perhaps the perfect cookie combination?
- 200g salted butter, softened
- 100g granulated sugar
- 200g light brown muscavado sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300g chocolate chips (or according to personal preference)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C/150C fan/gas 5.
- STEP 2Cream the butter and sugars togethers. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- STEP 3Mix the flour and bicarbonate of soda and stir into the mixture. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- STEP 4The mixture can be left to stand for a few hours or it can be baked straight away. Line and grease a baking tray. Place balls of dough spread well apart on the tray (multiple batches will be required!) Bake in the oven for 8–10 mins or until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.
- STEP 5Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes until they are firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack. They will continue to cook a small amount while they are on the tray straight from the oven so it's better to remove them sooner rather than later!