Porcini Roasted Chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus 20 mins resting
- Serves 4
Roasted chicken gets a woody, earthy hit from a packet of dried wild mushrooms
- 1 Whole Chicken, approx 1.4kg
- 20g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 100g Salted Butter, softened
- 1 Lemon, quartered
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190C (170C Fan).
- STEP 2To prepare the chicken use your fingers to seperate the skin away from the breast meat, starting at the neck end and being sure not to pierce the skin.
- STEP 3Blitz the dried porcini to a fine powder in a coffee/spice grinder (or failing that in a food processor/blender). Beat into the softened butter to form a smooth paste. Push this mixture underneath the skin of the chicken and spread the remainder over the outside. Season the inside of the cavity well with salt and stuff with the lemon quarters.
- STEP 4Place on a wire rack over a roasting tin. Roast for approximately 1 hour until the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the fat part of the thigh. Rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.