Veggie Pasta Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is a pesto pasta salad, with tomatoes, ricotta, pine nuts and spinach. More of my recipes are available from my food blog https://thinkinghealthier.weebly.com
- 1/2 Clove of Garlic (crushed)
- 25g Pine Nuts
- 40g Parmesan(grated)
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Large Bunch of Basil
- Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 300g Dried Pasta of your choice
- A vine of cherry tomatoes
- STEP 1Firstly, begin cooking the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- STEP 2To make the pesto: roughly chop the basil leaves and pulse in a food processor(or bash) to a paste; add the pine nuts, garlic and a pinch of salt, then pulse again; stir in half of the parmesan and drizzle in some oil, bringing it to an oozy consistency; then squeeze in a little lemon juice to your desire.
- STEP 3Once the pasta is cooked and cooled, stir in the pesto until thoroughly combined.
- STEP 4Rinse and half the cherry tomatoes, adding them to the salad.
- STEP 5Tear and rip up both the ricotta and mozzarella and add this to the pasta.
- STEP 6Grate on the remaining parmesan, and sprinkle some more basil over the servings of salad.