Blueberry Jam Crumble Cakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Muffins
A lightly sweet and fluffy muffin sized sponge cake with an oozing jam filled centre.
- 4oz / 113g Margarine or Butter
- 4oz / 113g Light Muscavado Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4oz / 113g Self Raising Flour
- 4 Large Teaspoons of Blueberry Jam
- 4 Hobnob/Oaty Biscuits, Roughly Chopped/Crumbled
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C. Line a muffin tray with 8 muffin cases.
- STEP 2Cream together the margarine (or butter) and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs with a spoonful of flour until all the eggs are combined. Fold in the remaining flour.
- STEP 3Spoon half the mixture into the bottoms of the muffin cases, spreading the mixture out to the edges.
- STEP 4Spoon half a teaspoon of jam into the centre of the cases, on top of the cake mixture. Use the remaining cake mixture to top up the muffin cases and spread the mixture evenly, trying to cover any gaps at the sides of the cases to prevent the jam leaking out. (Using a fork for this is easiest!)
- STEP 5Top each cake with the crumbled up biscuit and press in lightly. Bake for around 20 minutes, until the cakes are risen, lightly golden and spring back from a light press in the middle.