Chocolate Orange Muffins
Member recipe by rs28967
ServingsServes 1 - 7 Muffins
These are very easy to make and taste gorgeous, soft and fluffy on the outside with a chocolate orange centre
- For the muffins
- 200g Self-raising flour
- 100g Golden caster sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 75ml Sunflower oil
- 150ml Milk
- 1 tsp Orange extract\flavouring
- 1 Orange
- 7 Chocolate orange segments
- For the coating
- Rest of the cholate orange segments
- Heat the oven to 150deg C (fan)\160deg C (non fan). Line a deep muffin tray with 7 lareg paper muffin cases
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Zest the orange into the bowl
- In a large jug mix together the egg, sunflower oil, milk and orange extract\flavour using a fork or wisk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir VERY gently together until just combined.
- Put a tablespoon of the mixture in the base of each paper case. Break a segment of chocolate in half and place two halves in the middle of each muffin. Top with the rest of the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 15 min (fan)\20 min (non fan) until risen and firm.
- For the coating, melt the rest of the chocolate orange segments over a bowl of hot water and then drizzle the chocolate on top of the muffins.