Member recipe by royt66
- 2kg Giant Tiger Prawns
- FOR THE PASTE:
- 3 Green chillies (coarsley chopped incl pips )
- 3 Red chillies ( coarsley chopped incl pips )
- 6 garlic cloves ( chopped )
- 1 cm ginger ( chopped )
- +- 15ml coarse salt
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 250g Salted butter
- 250ml Olive oil
- juice of 1/2-1 lemon
- 250ml Knorr Italian salad dressing
- Put all paste ingredients in a pestle & mortar and grind into a paste. Amount of salt used must be enough to help grinding into a paste. Take care of using to much salt.
- Soften butter in microwave for +- 30 seconds ( do not boil ) add lemon juice to taste . Add rest of ingredients incl. paste and combine well. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Clean prawns by cutting through the top of the shell from the tail right through the head with a small pair of scissors. Take a sharp knive and split the meat in half taking care not to cut right through the meat. Remove all intestines and wash under cold water. Flatten prawn and loosen meat from the shell but leaving the meat still attached at the head and tail. Dry prawns on kitchen paper and place in marinating dish
- Pour small quantities of marinade between meat and shell of prawn and the rest over the top. Marinade for 1-2 hrs in fridge
- Arrange prawns shell down on a folding grid. Braai over hot coals, turning twice until just cooked. serve with fried rice & sauces of choice. ENJOY!