Firey Red Pepper Soup
Member recipe by rossyule
A blend of every-day vegetables and spices for an easy hot and delicious soup!
- 2 small onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 red peppers
- 2 potatoes
- 1 parsnip
- Handful of red lentils
- Salt and pepper
- Knob of butter
- For the stock
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground corriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 chicken stock cub
- Finely chop the peppers, onions, potatoes, parsnip and garlic.
- In a measuring jug, combine the chicken stock cube with the corriander, cumin and chilli powder with salt and pepper, and pour 1 and 1/2 pints of boiling water to make stock.
- Fry the onions and garlic in a little butter for 2-3 minutes, then add the pepper, potatoes and parsnip.
- Pour the stock over the vegetables and boil. Add a handful of red lentils. Once boiling reduce the heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend the soup using a hand blender to a smooth consistancy and serve with warm crusty bread.