Member recipe by rossgourlay
ServingsServes 1 - 100 Pieces
- 1kg sugar
- 100g butter
- 400ml condensed milk
- enough milk to cover sugar
- Using a large pan (the mixture will triple in size and you don't want this to boil over), add just enough milk to dampen sugar then add condensed milk and butter.
- Bring to boil stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce heat and simmer for just under 20 minutes. The mixture turn a light, golden brown colour.
- Test by taking a teaspoonful and dousing in glass of water. It should drip in a slow goo on to the plate.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir. You need to stir a lot, pulling the cooled mixture from the sides and bottom back into the mixture.
- The mixture will gradually thicken, keep stirring until it is only just pourable. Pour into a lightly greased baking tray.
- After 30 minutes, cut the tablet into squares while still warm and leave to cool.
- Break into cubes once cool.