Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
Smoked Haddock Soup, Traditional Scottish Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1.25 kg potatoes (maris piper or king edward)
- salt and pepper
- 50g butter
- 3 or 4 smoked haddock fillets, skin removed
- 2 cups milk
- STEP 1Fry onion gently in a little oil to soften onions for 5-10 minutes
- STEP 2Add potatoes, season with salt, pepper then cover with boiling water.
- STEP 3Boil until potatoes begin to become crumbly
- STEP 4Add haddock fillets, milk and butter
- STEP 5Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes before serving.