Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 2 to 3 minutes cooling
- Serves 8
Nice with syrup drizzled over them but also yummy on there own! ;)
- 1 Egg
- Milk (can vary)
- A pinch of salt
- 1teaspoon- Coco powder
- Knob butter
- 1teaspoon- Baking powder
- 1teaspoon- Syrup
- Half a teaspoon- Bicarbonate of soda
- Your chosen topping (e.g blueberries)
- STEP 1Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- STEP 2Add the sugar, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, egg and salt. Mix together with a whisk.
- STEP 3Add the butter and syrup. ( my grannie taught me that if you heat up the spoon with hot water first the syrup doesn't stick as much.) Mix together. Preheat a pancake pan.
- STEP 4Add the coco powder. Mix well.
- STEP 5Spoon some of the mixture on to your preheated pancake pan. Cook until the mixture has burst a few big bubbles then flip with a fish slice.(around 2 minutes per side.)
- STEP 6Once you the pancake is ready take off the he at on to a cooling rack. Add your topping. Enjoy!