Member recipe by rosiecammish
These Middle Eastern inspired breads are the perfect accompaniment to any curry or tagine, and better yet you don't have to wait for them to prove.
- 170g Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- A Pinch of Salt
- 125ml Water
- 1 Tablespoon Nigella Seeds
- Place flour, nigella seeds, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix together.
- Add in the oil and water, and mix until you have a soft dough. Leave this dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls; roll each of these into a thin disc approximately the size of a dinner plate.
- Heat a dry, heavy based, frying pan. Add in the flatbreads, 1 at a time, and cook for 1 minute on each side, until they are blistered and lightly browned
- Serve alongside you favourite curry or tagine. Any leftover flatbreads can be filled up with salad, and rolled up for a great alternative to your dinnertime sandwich