Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
squash and chickpea tagine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
a Moroccan style tagine
- 1tsp each of cinamon, ginger, nutmeg, black pepper, turmeric, cumin, paprika, carraway seeds, plus some cloves
- 3 cloves garlic, 1 chilli
- 1 tin chickpeas/other bean
- 150 ml stock
- squash, peppers, red onions, courgettes, to weight 450 g
- 1 tbsp agave
- handful sultanas/apricots/other dried fruit
- tin of tomatoe
- STEP 1mix spices and garlic and fry in 2tbsp oil for about 3 minutes, add tinned tomatoes and stock and chickpeas and dried fruit, bring to boil, then turn down to simmer and reduce for 20 minutes.
- STEP 2meanwhile roast vegetables
- STEP 3Stir agave into the sauce, and then toss in vegetables.