Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Healthy and delicious version of a bolognaise using sausages
- Pack of reduced fat sausages (approx 450g)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or chopped finely
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- Sprinkle of chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp oil
- STEP 1Remove sausage meat from sausages.
- STEP 2Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and carrots. When starting to soften, add sausage meat and use a wooden spoon to break it up in the pan. Do not add salt at this stage - I find sausages can be quite salty so I wait until the end before seasoning.
- STEP 3When sausage meat is cooked add garlic, mixed herbs and chilli powder if using. Add chopped tomatoes and about the same amount of water. Simmer for about 30 mins, until liquid has reduced to the required consistency. Taste and season if required.
- STEP 4Serve as you would with a bolognaise - with spaghetti, or as part of a bake or lasagne.