Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Pork meatballs cooked in the oven with potatoes and veg - healthy, tasty and thrifty
- 400g baby potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g pork mince
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried thyme (or some fresh thyme)
- 1 tsp dried parsley (or some fresh parsley)
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 peppers - ideally 1 red and 1 yellow - deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 medium courgette, roughly chopped
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200 or fan 180. Cut potatoes into thirds or quarters depending on size. Put oil into oven tray, add potatoes and half the garlic, toss to coat. Cook in oven for 15 mins.
- STEP 2Meanwhile make the meatballs - put pork mince, breadcrumbs, remaining garlic and half of the herbs into a bowl. Mix well and shape into about 16-20 balls.
- STEP 3Add the vegetables and the meatballs to the potatoes in the tray. Add the remaining herbs and season. Mix well to get everything coated.
- STEP 4Place in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes until meatballs are cooked through. If the meatballs are browning too quickly you can turn the oven temperature down a little.
- STEP 5Optional - if you prefer a bit of spice you can add chilli powder to the meatballs and chilli and / or paprika to the tray when adding the vegetables.