Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy chicken and tomato pasta sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
An easy recipe made to use up some leftover cooked chicken and we were happy with the result
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable oxo cube
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- Approx 80g light soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- STEP 1Heat oil, then fry onion gently for 5 mins. Add garlic and fry for 2 mins more. Add peppers and cook for 5 mins.
- STEP 2Add tomatoes, oxo cube, mixed herbs and paprika, stir together and simmer gently for 20 mins.
- STEP 3Add chicken and heat through, then turn heat down to minimum and add soft cheese. Heat very gently for a couple of minutes to warm through. Season and serve with pasta and grated parmesan.