Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cheat's veg lasagne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
My shortcut version of a delicious veg lasagne. Vegetables can be varied (e.g. aubergine, mushrooms, etc) - or add chorizo for a meaty and spicy kick
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 medium courgettes, roughly chopped
- 200g tin sweetcorn
- 6 dried lasagne sheets
- 300g fresh chargrilled vegetable pasta sauce (I use Tesco)
- 300g fresh cheese sauce (I use Tesco)
- Optional - 100g chorizo, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 50g grated mature cheddar (or parmesan if I have it)
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 170 degrees (fan). Place all fresh veg, olive oil, garlic and herbs into a large baking tray. Mix well and roast in the oven for 30 mins.
- STEP 2If using chorizo, gently fry until oils released and starting to crisp.
- STEP 3Mix roasted vegetables, sweetcorn, chorizo if using, and chargrilled vegetable sauce.
- STEP 4Heat the cheese sauce in the microwave (approx. 1 min) so that it can be poured more easily. Layer the lasagne as follows : one third of the vegetable sauce, 3 lasagne sheets, one third of the vegetable sauce, half of the cheese sauce, 3 lasagne sheets, remaining vegetable sauce, remaining cheese sauce. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- STEP 5Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until lasagne sheets are cooked. Serve with salad and / or garlic bread.