Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Slices
- 6oz short crust pastry
- 2tbsp jam or lemon curd
- 3oz margarine
- 3oz caster sugar
- 4oz ground almonds
- 2oz ground rice
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- few drops almond essence (optional)
- blanched almonds
- STEP 1Heat oven to 190c/375f/gas mark 5. Line an 18cm (7inch) flan tin with 2/3 of the pastry, reserving remainder for the top. Spread the base with jam or curd.
- STEP 2Cream margarine and sugar.
- STEP 3Mix together the almonds and rice, add to the creamed mixture alternatively with the egg.
- STEP 4Spread the mixture over the jam, then decorate with the lattice of pastry strips and blanched almonds. Bake for about 35-40 min.