Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 42
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- STEP 1Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended. Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- STEP 2Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- STEP 3Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.