Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 42
If you love oatmeal, this is the treat for you. Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies are the perfect snack and desert to have or make. They are quite easy and is also a good and semi-healthy treat to eat. Making these delicious treats is a fun activity to do with your family and I insure you that many fun memories will be made.
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- STEP 1Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended. Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- STEP 2Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- STEP 3Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.