Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 3
Tiger prawns in garlic, olive oil and chili. Not for the faint hearted.
- 1kg Tiger prawns peeled, tail on
- 4 red chili peppers
- 10 dried spanish peppers
- 6 bulbs of garlic = 60 to 70 pieces of garlic
- cooking olive oil, enough to cover all the garlic and peppers
- bread preferably bake of Ciabatta, 2
- STEP 1peel and slice all the garlic. Slice the peppers into big pieces.
- STEP 2place the garlic and peppers in a large frying pan and cover with the oil.
- STEP 3put on a very low light so that the peppers nd garlic are lightly cooking. While you are doing this bake the bread following baking instructions.
- STEP 4stir gently now and again until the garlic and peppers are soft. (never high hest you will burn the garlic)
- STEP 5strain the oil off keeping the garlic and peppers apart. Put the oil back in the frying pan and put on high.
- STEP 6when the oil is nearly smoking put the prawns in for around 5 minutes. Just before they are ready put the peppers and garlic back in the pan for another two minutes. Serve in a deep plate just with bread.