- Preparation and cooking time
- Hard boiling the egg
- Serves 4
This crumble is an excellent filling/topping for baked potatoes or on top anything really. Fresh tasting and packed full of flavour.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 80g/3oz baby courgettes (about 2½), pulsed in a food processor for 30 seconds
- 80g/3oz cauliflower, pulsed in a food processor for 30 seconds
- 30g/1oz banana shallot, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 large pinches of smoked paprika
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 10g fresh parsley, chopped
- 5g fresh chives, chopped
- 1 large free range egg
- STEP 1Hard boil the egg, cool and then separate the white from the yolk in as large a piece as possible. Then grate both separately and set aside for later.
- STEP 2In a large frying pan or sauté pan over a high heat,
- STEP 3Add the olive oil and fry the courgettes, cauliflower, shallot, chilli, paprika and a pinch of salt for 30 seconds.
- STEP 4Add 80ml/3fl oz water, the lemon juice, parsley, chives and grated egg white.
- STEP 5Boil for 5 seconds then remove from the heat.
- STEP 6Stir in the grated egg yolk and check the seasoning.