Egg Fried Rice
Member recipe by retro75
Nicked from http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/eggfriedrice_89260 Put into my binder for quick reference.
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 free-range eggs, beaten
- 400g/14oz cooked jasmine rice, chilled until completely cold
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- dash toasted sesame oil
- pinch ground white pepper
- 1 large spring onion, finely sliced
- Preparation method Heat a wok until smoking and add half the groundnut oil, then add the eggs and scramble for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the scrambled eggs to a warm plate and set aside. Wipe away the excess oil from the wok.
- Reheat the wok and add the remaining groundnut oil.
- Add the cooked rice and stir well to break up the grains, then add the tomatoes and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the egg to the wok with the rice and tomatoes and season, to taste, with the soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper. Stir in the sliced spring onion.
- Pile the rice onto a plate and serve immediately.