Raspberry explosion muffins
Member recipe by Rowena Wilkes
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
Is it a doughnut? Is it a muffin? Who cares, its super delicious and couldnt be easier to make! Yummy!
- For the Muffins:
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml milk
- 140g butter, melted and cooled
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 12 tsp raspberry jam
- For the icing:
- 40g butter, softened
- 85g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp milk
- 12 raspberries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in the caster sugar.
- Lightly beat the eggs, milk and melted butter together into a separate bowl.
- Make a well in centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir together until just combined without over mixing.
- Spoon half the mixture into the prepared muffin cases. Place 1 tsp of rasberry jam in the centre of each cup, then place a fresh raspberry on top of the jam. Then spoon in the remaining muffin mix equally between the 12 cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins, until well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch. Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat together the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and 1 tsp milk until smooth and creamy (add more milk if needed). Place a spoonful of icing on top of each muffin, then top with a fresh raspberry.
- Eat and enjoy! Yum-Yum!