Rebecca's revamped Carbonara
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Healthier and more delicious than the standard carbonara!
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 50g frozen peas, defrosted
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 200g creme fraiche
- 6 rashers bacon, cut into small chunks
- 1 egg beaten
- 150g spaghetti
- 25g parmesan cheese
- STEP 1Boil a pan of salted water and cook spaghetti following packet instructions.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a large pan or wok. Add the onion and garlic and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the bacon and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes until the mushrooms soften and the bacon is crisp.
- STEP 3In a bowl, beat the egg, creme fraiche, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper together until it's combined and set aside.
- STEP 4Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the vegetables and bacon. Pour over the egg mixture along with the defrosted peas and gently combine all the ingredients over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- STEP 5Serve with extra parmesan and black pepper to taste.