Minced Meat Enchiladas
Member recipe by rebeccanorstrom
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- olive oil
- 450g minced meat
- 1 packet taco spice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 6 tortillas
- 1 small tub natural yoghurt
- 50g grated cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and soften the onion and garlic for 5 mins. Add the red and yellow pepper and soften for a further 7 mins. Mix through the paprika and chili flakes until all the vegetables are coated.
- Dry fry the minced meat in a pan on a medium heat until it is browned all over, breaking apart large chunks with a fork as you go. Mix through 1 packet of taco spice, covering all the meat. Add the meat to the vegetables along with a tin of chopped tomatoes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the meat and vegetable mix on a low heat for 5 mins, stirring occasionally until it is well combined. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in the microwave for 35-45 seconds.
- On a chopping board, carefully spoon the filling into each tortilla, wrap and place in an ovenproof dish side by side.
- Mix one small tub of natural yoghurt with the 50g grated cheese of your choice and pour over the top of the enchiladas. Place under the grill for approximately 5 minutes until the cheese and natural yoghurt is melty. ( don't place them too close to the top as the enchiladas will burn!) Remove from the grill and serve with green salad!