Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tom Yum fried rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 3
Fried rice with ham and pineapple with tom yum flavour. Sourish spicy. Great for lunch. Can be accompanied with red wine.
- 1 large onion (half sliced to thin strips, another half diced into small pieces))
- 1 medium sized tomato (cut into wedges)
- 2cm young ginger (diced thin)
- 150g pineapple (cut into thin wedges)
- 100g honey glazed ham (slice into thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon tom yum paste
- Half teaspoon vinegar
- Salt (2 teaspoon) or to taste
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g Cooked basmati rice (keep in refrigerator for 5-6 hours before cooking to get a crisp tender texture)
- 1 tablespoon red chilly powder
- 3 tablespoon processed green peas
- STEP 1Heat olive oil in a pan and add the diced onions. Once mildly sauteed (turn to light brown), add young ginger and ham. Stir gently for 5-7 mins until ham edges turn to mild brown.
- STEP 2Move the ingredients to a side and add tom yum paste in the middle. Add the pre-cooled rice. Stir vigorously until paste and all ingredients mixes well. Add chilly powder and stir again.
- STEP 3Add tomatoes and pineapple. Add vinegar. Add green peas. Stir gently and leave for 3 minutes under medium heat. Stir again and leave for 3 mins. Now its ready to serve.