Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Blue Cheese Pumpkin Polenta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Presumed you have roasted pumpkin, this is a real quicky for midweek dinner. And do not forget about cheerful orange color - it will cheer you up on Monday evening.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 2,5 cups roasted pureed pumpkin
- 30-50 g blue cheese (Gorgonzola is best)
- Salt, pepper
- STEP 1Puree the roasted pumpkin in the blender.
- STEP 2Mix polenta and salt.
- STEP 3Pour milk and water into the skillet and bring to the boil.
- STEP 4While stirring the water constantly with a wooden spoon, tip in the polenta in a thin stream.
- STEP 5Lower the heat so the polenta isn't spluttering too much, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 mins.
- STEP 6Add the pureed pumpkin, season and mix well.
- STEP 7Cook for 10-15 mins.
- STEP 8Chop the blue cheese and add to the polenta. Mix. Serve.