Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Baked tomatoes with eggs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Enjoy this real rustic breakfast with ham, eggs and tomatoes.
- 40 g ham
- 5 tomatoes
- 5 sage leaves
- 2 eggs
oil to butter your form
- salt, pepper
- STEP 1Heat the skillet and chop the ham.
- STEP 2Add the chopped ham to the skillet and cook for about 5 mins.
- STEP 3Remove the tomato tops and scoop out the tomatoes.
- STEP 4Chop the tomato "inmate" and add 2-3 table spoons of the chopped tomatoes to the skillet.
- STEP 5Mix and cook for 2 mins. Chop the sage leaves and add to the ham-tomato.
- STEP 6Butter the form and place the scooped out tomatoes in the form.
- STEP 7Using a tea spoon, fill the tomatoes with the ham-tomato-sage mix.
- STEP 8Heat oven to 200C and bake the tomatoes for 10 mins.
- STEP 9Remove the form with the tomatoes from the oven and fill the tomatoes with eggs.
- STEP 10(Divide one egg among 2 tomatoes).
- STEP 11Season and put the form back in the over. Bake for another 10 mins.