- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Yesterday I spent morning in the Quilt Shop - in this shop you can buy everything you need to put together colorful characterful quilt. I do not sew quilts but a colleague of mine does - she got me into this shop and I spent about a hours watching lovely quilt-maker cutting and sewing triangles into quilts. This morning breezed old fashionable mood into my kitchen - yesterday's dinner was after an old Norwegian cookbook from 60thies; the cookbook is about herrings and only herrings. Easy made, quick prepared, not demanding to ingredients at all.
- 8 herrings fillets
- 1 apple
- 1 onion
- 50 ml capers
- 30 g butter
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
oil for buttering dish
- salt, pepper
- STEP 1Salt the herring fillets. Set aside.
- STEP 2Peel and chop the apple.
- STEP 3Peel and chop the onion.
- STEP 4Butter the dish and put the apples and onion into the dish.
- STEP 5Add the capers and mix well. Season.
- STEP 6Place the herrings fillets over the vegetables.
- STEP 7Chop the butter and place over the herring.
- STEP 8Sprinkle the bread crumbs.
- STEP 9Heat the oven 210C and put the dish into the oven.
- STEP 10Roast for 20-25 mins.
- STEP 11Enjoy!