Pasta with white sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Pasta with creamy white sauce with a splash of white wine with bacon and mix of vegetables.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Veg stock
- 50ml White wine
- Crushed garlic clove
- 300ml Milk
- 1.5 tablespoon Butter
- Small Shredded Carrots, Sweetcorn, peas, mushrooms finely chopped
- 350g wholegrain pasta such as penne or farfalle
- STEP 1Fry the bacon,onions & garlic, when tender add the mushrooms. Place them aside in a bowl. In another pan boil the water for the pasta
- STEP 2Using the same pan melt the butter, mix flour until it forms a soft paste, then add the white wine and gradually add milk and stir. Keep stirring on low heat until it forms a thick sauce with no lumps.
- STEP 3Add the mix of bacon, onions and garlic to the sauce also add the shredded carrots stir for 5 mins until the carrots are soft. Lastly add the sweetcorn and peas and stir until they defrost. Cook the pasta