Member recipe by babiegirl
These cute,delicious pizzettas tastes light and crisp and is made with a base that does not need time-consuming kneading or rising.
- 275g (9 1/2 oz) white or wholemeal self raising flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125-150ml (4-5fl oz) semi-skimmed milk
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Tomato Sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 300ml (10fl oz) passata (sieved tinned tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato puree (or tomato puree)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 150g (5 1/2) mozzarella ball (drained)
- 50g (2 oz) mature cheddar (grated)
- Tasty Twists
- You can add sny of your favourite toppings in step 7 before sprinkling the cheddar.Mushrooms,peppers,onions,rocket,tuna,prawns,ham,
- olives,pepperoni and cooked chicken all taste great!
- Preheat the oven to 200'C (400'F/Gas 6). Sieve the flour and salt into a mixing nowl and then make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- Pour the milk and oil into the well.Mix with a wooden spoon until the flour and liquids start to come together and form a soft dough.
- Lightly dust a work top and your hands with flour. Tip the dough out of the bowl and knead it for about 1 minute to form a smooth ball.
- Dust 2 baking sheets with flour. Divide the dough into 4 smaller balls, Using a rolling pin, roll wach piece into a 15cm(6 inch)circle.
- Carefully place 2 dough bases on each baking sheet. Top each base tith 1-2 tablespoons of the Tomato Sauce.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the tomato in an even layer almostto the edge of the pizza base. Slice the mozzerella ball into 8-12 pieces.
- Add the mozzerella and any other toppings. Top with the cheddar cheese. Bake the pizzas for 10 minutes or until the base has risen and the top is golden.