Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Avocado and Chilli on toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
Perfect as a snack, breakfast or lunch, giving avocado a yummy chilli kick.
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 and a half tsp of light mayonnaise
- 1 fresh red chilli - chopped
- Black pepper to season
- Slice of bread - I use warbutons seeded loaf
- STEP 1Slice the Avocado in half and remove pip. Then slice the avocado width ways going down the avocado into as many segments as you'd like, before slicing length ways through the middle. Using a tbsp, slide the down the side underneath the flesh to pop the avocado out into a bowl.
- STEP 2Slice and chop the red chilli into small segments, keeping the pips if you like it spicy but remove for a milder flavour.
- STEP 3Add the chilli, avocado and tsp and a half of light mayonnaise into a bowl, and using a fork roughly mash the avocado and mix with other ingredients.
- STEP 4Whilst mashing the avocado mix, place the bread in the toaster and toast to your liking.
- STEP 5Add pepper to avocado mix to taste, and the simply spread on the toast once done. Can be eaten immediately if you like this warm, or left for 5 mins to cool. - don't leave for too long or the avocado will start to turn brown