Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chilli con Carne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A classic, easy to cook, dish that is great for sharing with family and friends on a cold winter evening!
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 500g minced beef
- 1 packet Schwartz Chilli con Carne mix
- 400g tin organic chopped tomatoes (with herbs)
- 400g tin red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 125 ml water
- 1 & ½ tsp. chilli powder (to taste)
- salt & pepper
- 4-5 tbsp tomato ketchup
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan and, when hot, add the crushed garlic clove and fry until slightly browned.
- STEP 2Add the onion and pepper and cook until almost soft. Add the minced beef and cook until evenly browned.
- STEP 3Add the packet Schwartz Chilli con Carne mix contents, the chilli powder, tomatoes kidney beans and the water. Season with salt and pepper. Return to the heat and bring to the boil.
- STEP 4Simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes and then remove the lid for a further 10 minutes.
- STEP 5Check for flavouring with regard to salt and pepper and hot chilli powder. Add the tomato ketchup. Reheat and serve immediately with rice.