- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (heaped) tomato puree
- 500ml white stock
- Good splash of sherry
- Knob of butter
Oil for frying
- Oil for frying
- STEP 1Put oil in pan, when hot add garlic and stir for 1 min.
- STEP 2Add onion and stir for 1 min - cover and sweat for 2 min
- STEP 3Add tomato puree and stir well
- STEP 4Add white stock and boil uncovered for 20/25 min.
- STEP 5Add sherry and stir well - leave for 2 min. on simmer
- STEP 6Add butter stir well until butter melts.
- STEP 7Serve!