Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate and Banana Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Moist and tasty. Great for using up overripe bananas.
- 75g dark chocolate
- 175g salted butter
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- STEP 1Grease and line an 7 inch cake tin with grease proof paper.
- STEP 2Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan oven)
- STEP 3In a pan, gently melt the butter and chocolate on a low heat, stirring until combined.
- STEP 4Mash the bananas in a large bowl with a fork.
- STEP 5Add all the other ingredients including the chocolate and butter mix.
- STEP 6Stir until lump free. Spoon into prepared tin.
- STEP 7Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer when inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- STEP 8Once baked, leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.