Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Old Skool Lentil Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Heart warming soup like granny used to make, perfect for those wintery afternoons.
- 8oz red lentils
- 1.5 litres of water
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled & grated
- 1 large potato, peeled & chopped into medium pieces
- 2 ham stock cubes
- STEP 1Boil lentils and take off residue
- STEP 2Add leek & carrots & simmer for half an hour
- STEP 3Add potato & simmer for another half hour
- STEP 4Add stock cubes & season to serve