Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- 6 hours marinating
- Serves 6
Bright, colourful and spicy Mexican Fajitas.
- 3 red onions cut into wedges
- 2/3 hot chillies finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 limes grated and juiced
- 6 chicken breast fillets cut into even sized pieces (3cm)
- 8 peppers sliced into strips (red,yellow,orange mixed)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 12 flour tortillas
- Guacamole & soured cream to serve
- STEP 1Put chillies, garlic, chopped coriander, lime rind and lime juice into a shallow dish.
- STEP 2Add chicken and mix thoroughly. Cover with cling film and marinate for 6 hours.
- STEP 3Add onion wedges and sliced peppers into a large shallow oven proof container. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mix thoroughly to coat.
- STEP 4Place vegetables into a pre-heated oven at 180C Fan and cook for 45 minutes turning occasionally.
- STEP 5Heat the remaining olive oil in a wok to a medium high heat and cook the chicken in batches. Cover and keep warm until all the chicken is cooked.
- STEP 6Cover tortillas with foil and place in a warm oven to heat gently.
- STEP 7When all ingredients are cooked, take a tortilla wrap, place a small amount of soured cream and guacamole in the middle of the wrap and spread around the tortilla. Add onions and peppers followed by 5/6 pieces of chicken. Fold up from the bottom first and then in from the sides to form a wrap and hey presto, Mexican Fajitas!