stilton & celery soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A delicious creamy soup
- 40g butter
- 4 celery sticks, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 300ml milk
- 600ml chicken stock
- 225g stilton cheese, crumbled
- salt & pepper
- STEP 1Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the celery and cook gently for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- STEP 2Stir in the flour and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring all the time. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk and stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the celery is tender.
- STEP 3Gradually add the stilton and stir in until melted. Season to taste.
- STEP 4Serves 4 as a main course, 6 - 8 as a starter