Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Strawberry Jelly Terrine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 5 hours or overnight to set
- Serves 5
Easy to make and it looks very impressive at a dinner party. Great with Vanilla Ice Cream!
- 300g fresh Strawberries, diced
- 20g fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 4 Gelatin leaves
- 500ml Water
- STEP 1Put the sugar in a pan with the water and lemon juice. Bring to the boil. Meanwhile, put the Gelatin in enough cold water to cover them. Leave for 3mins to soften. When the syrup is boiling turn off the heat and add the Gelatin and stir to melt. Set aside to cool slightly.
- STEP 2Cut or dice the strawberries into small pieces. Roll the basil leaves into a cigar shape then finely chop. Mix these together.
- STEP 3Line a loaf tin with clingfilm so it is completely covered on the bottom and sides with some overhang. Put the berries into the tin and pour over the syrup which will still be a little warm. Refrigerate to set.
- STEP 4Once set, slice into pieces and serve with Vanilla Ice Cream. Enjoy!