Homemade Apple-Cinnamon Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 1 hour
- Serves 6
125g sugar plus 1tsp for sprinkling
- 250g self-raising flour, sifted
- 50g butter, diced
- 3 or 4 apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 100ml milk
- sprinkling of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to 175C.
- STEP 2Place the sugar and sifted flour into a large bowl along with the butter, apples a sprinkling of cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- STEP 3Then mix the egg and milk and pour into the bowl then combine.
- STEP 4Grease a cake tin (preferably a circular one) and pour in the mixture (which should be fairly wet).
- STEP 5Bake for 35 mins before removing from the oven and sprinkling over the sugar and cinnamon then return to the oven for 10 mins more.