- Preparation and cooking time
- leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Serves 8
This is my recipe for crispy and moist banana bread. Always produces a beautiful looking loaf. The measurements here are oddly specific as I have converted from cups to grams.
- 113 grams butter (1/2 cup)
- 201 grams of light brown sugar (1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 bananas
- 256 grams self-raising flour (2 cups)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Combine the butter and sugar and mix until creamy and smooth. Then add the eggs.
- STEP 2Mash the bananas in a bowl. You do not need to have a completely smooth mixture and the amount of the bananas you use depends on the size of them and how moist you would like the loaf. You may also consider how strong a banana flavour to come through.
- STEP 3Add the flour and be careful not to overmix. mix just until there are no lumps of flour. Place in a 23x13cm tin (9x5 inch or 2lb loaf tin). Just before placing in the oven sprinkle with brown sugar.