Diabetic and Lactose Free Marble Cake Muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- 5 mins cool down time
- Makes between 15 and 20 muffins
Sugar free and lactose free (optional) muffins inspired by the classic and well known Marble Cake, suitable for diabetic and lactose intolerant people.
- 200g soft (dairy free) margarine
- 200g caster sugar / 6 tbsp Stevia Sweetener
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 250g plain flour / 250g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp baking powder / none if using self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp (lactose free) milk
- 3 tbsp coco powder
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F, Gas Mark 4 or 160°C for a fan assisted oven.
- STEP 2In a large bowl, beat the butter, 180g caster sugar / 3 tbsp of Stevia sweetener and the vanilla extract together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then sift the flour, and baking powder if using plain flour, over the mixture and fold in with 2 tbsp of the milk.
- STEP 3Separate 1/3 of the mixture into another bowl. Add the coco powder to that bowl and stir together until well mixed. Alternating the chocolate mixture with the vanilla mixture, put four half-teaspoons of both into each paper muffin case. Take a the back of a teaspoon and stir the vanilla and chocolate mixtures together so that they create a swirling pattern
- STEP 4Bake for 25 minutes or until well risen and springy to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.