Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
A quick and easy ratatouille that sets to impress
- two recycled tins with top and bottom cut off (or any other oven-proof cylindrical moulds.
- 1 Aubergine
- 2 small Courgettes
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 2-4 large flat mushrooms
- 1/2 tube of concentrated tomato purree
- Cheese gratings of choice (cheddar/Brie/Mozerella)
- Herbes de Provence
- STEP 1Prepare tin moulds if not bought by cleaning and drying thoroughly, and removing top and bottom of the cans. Place these on a baking tray and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- STEP 2Wash and dry vegetables, and thickly slice the aubergine to 1-2cm thick rounds. Trim these to the diameter of the moulds. Slice the courgettes in thick rounds also and slice the other vegetables to your choice.
- STEP 3Now start stacking the tower. Begin with a thick aubergine slice at the bottom of the tower (tight to the mould on the inside to reduce leaking of contents throughout cooking time). assemble the tower in whichever way you prefer, I like aubergine then tomato past and cheese, courgettes, tomato paste and cheese, mushrooms and peppers, tomato paste and then more aubergine/courgette and top with cheese.
- STEP 4season to taste and put in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes for 'steamed vegetables' or 30 minutes for well cooked (fan assisted oven).
- STEP 5Once ready, remove towers from the oven, and carefully (using oven gloves) slide each tower across onto the serving plate. Then, gently remove the tin mould to reveal your vegetable tower. garnish with salad or green beans.