Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 1 hour to make (including 30 mins chilling time)
- Makes Biscuits
These biscuits are really easy to make and have a lovely subtle cardamom spice flavour. You can top them with a thin layer of icing or leave them plain and enjoy them warm out of the oven. (They make a really pretty present too!)
- 150g self raising flour
- 75g butter
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
- 1 egg
- Golden icing sugar and a little water (optional)
- STEP 1Rub the butter and flour together until it forms small breadcrumbs. Then add the caster sugar and ground cardamom. Beat the egg in a separate bowl and add 2 tablespoons of it to the dry ingredients (you can keep the rest of the egg for another recipe)
- STEP 2Mix the ingredients together until they form a soft dough. Then wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for around 30 mins.
- STEP 3Once the dough has chilled roll out on a floured surface so that it is around half a cm thick and cut into rounds using a biscuit cutter. Place the biscuits on to a greased baking sheet (it should make around 12 biscuits) and bake at 180c for 10-15mins.
- STEP 4Allow the biscuits to cool. I decided to ice mine using golden icing sugar and a little water. I waited until the biscuits were cold and then spread the icing on to them using a pastry brush to get a thin layer of glazed icing.