Couscous, Sweet Potato and Edamame Salad with Citrus Basil Vinaigrette
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This tasty colourful salad makes a delicious summer supper. Cooked frozen soy beans work just as well as fresh.
- 125g dry couscous
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 400g fresh or frozen green zoya beans, cooked
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 lemon, the zest of one quarter and 1 tsp of juice reserved
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 spring onions , chopped
- 100g crumbled goat's cheese
- 1 Emulstir
- STEP 1Make the dressing: combine 2 tbsp of olive oil, the orange juice, lemon juice and zest, basil, white wine vinegar and honey in a jar with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Put on the lid and shake.
- STEP 2Cook couscous as per pack instructions.
- STEP 3Par-boil potato wedges in boiling water then fry with 1 tbsp oil until golden. Add them to the couscous, soya beans and spring onions; add dressing. Toss, sprinkle over goat's cheese, serve.