Mediterranean Spiralised vegetable 'pasta'
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Easy, healthy, quick and very low calorie (under 300 cals). Even if you aren't dieting it's delicious as a main course - or serves 4 as a side dish/accompaniement
- I pack spiralised courgettes
- 1 pack spiralised butternut squash
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- Sunflower oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons tomato pasta sauce or small tin chopped tomatoes
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 10 Kalamata black olives
- 60 grammes Feta cheese (optional)
- Snipped chives and torn basil leaves to garnish
- STEP 1Mix the spiralised veg and onions together and toss in the oil and balsamic. Season well with salt and pepper. Put in a roasting dish and roast in a hot oven for 10-15 minutes.
- STEP 2Meanwhile add all the remaining sauce ingredients into a saucepan and heat slowly. Reserve the feta if using and the herb garnish. Cube the feta into small cubes
- STEP 3Pile the spiralised veggie 'pasta' into bowls. Top with the sauce. Add the feta and garnish with snipped chives and shredded basil leaves.