Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple Rice Pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- Some ovens may require an extra 30 minutes
- Serves 4
A combination of a few rice pudding recipes made very simple as everything goes into the oven!
- 100g pudding rice
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 450ml semi-skimmed milk
- 250ml single cream
- pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- Butter for greasing
- STEP 1Heat oven to 150C / fan 130C. Wash the rice and drain well. Butter an 850ml heatproof baking dish then tip in the rice and sugar. Stir through the milk and cream. Add the vanilla pod, sprinkle over with nutmeg and top with the bay leaf.
- STEP 2Cook for 30 minutes then remove the vanilla pod. Cook for a further 60 - 90 minutes (until the pudding wobbles ever so slightly when shaken).
- STEP 3Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving with a little dollop of jam.